Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Month!


It is birthday month again! Both my boys had their birthday parties this weekend so it was intense cake time here at our house. My six year old is addicted to playing Angry Birds on our phones, much like many kids these days! I have to admit it is pretty fun. So he wanted an Angry Birds themed cake. I thought I would take it a step further after being inspired by a cake I saw online where the dad had his son use a sling shot to shoot fondant birds at the cake. So here is my version! All of his friends immediately recognized the characters and they all had fun taking turns shooting the birds at the pigs on the cake!

Then for my ten year old he wanted a "personality cake." He is an electric guitar player, music lover, artist, cup stacker, and competitive soccer player. Not to mention an all around great kid! So I tried to incorporate these things into a three tier cake. The bottom tier is all rock'n roll. It is red with a rocker studded belt. Set on top of the tier is a fondant replica of his guitar, a set of picks with symbols of his favorite bands, Green Day, Blink 182, Metallica, Linkin Park, White Stripes and the Beatles. Also there is a fondant paint brush. The second tier is made of stacking cups, and the top tier is a soccer ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment