Sunday, April 10, 2011

Catching Up!


It's been a long time since I posted but I have still been making cakes! So in April of 2009, it was birthday season again and I made some fun cakes for my boys. For my 9 year old we had a stack of Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. He took a group of friends to the movie and then we enjoyed the chocolate chocolate cake!

Then my five year old wanted a volcano cake that would erupt and the lava would cover dinosaurs. So I am to please and I created a volcano with plenty of dinosaurs. The lava was made from food coloring, water and marshmallow fluff (totally edible!). The eruption and "smoke" was created by using dry ice which caused the lava to bubble and flow down the volcano. Of course the cake was chocolate with lava red frosting in between the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment